Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ljubljana - Monte Carlo journey

Hello again my dear friends!

As promised here are some photos from my trip.....

Our first stop was in Abano Terme - a lovely Spa area - hotels with swimming pools - lovely warm water - I had a great swim after quite a lot of driving....you want to get as far as possible the first day....

Here is a photo from our hotel room - you can see the pool down at the bottom.....


then we travelled a long way to the other side of Italy - to the sea area south from Genova - we had a sea view room but there wasn't much of a view....


Once you get to the Mediterranian area the flowers are just breathtaking....



Next day we drove to San Remo and stopped at the beach ....


And had a lovely lunch......octopus salad and a bit of cold meat....njam....


Towards the evening we came to Monte Carlo - well we actually stayed in France - a vllage called Beausoleil - to get to Monte Carlo all we had to do is go down a few lifts and steps and we were in Monte Carlo.....


A tipical front door in Monte Carlo...


A bit of art......


The flower market.....



a balcony......



The real problem of Monaco is that the buildings are one on top of the other - honestly even if I had a lot of money I don't think I would want to live there - here are some examples of steps and lifts and just how crowded the place is.....







Of course no city in the world can beat the luxury you see in Monte Carlo.....look at these cars...

Bently....


The fastest car in the world - Bugatti......



and many others....


Still if you go down the road a little bit you find this cute little cafe.....upstairs it is a boutique - downstairs a cafe!


Here is the only "big view" of  Monte Carlo I managed to get......because of the grand prix they wouldn't let you take pictures from certain angles so I was forced to take it where I could......


A few more flowers and that will be it for today.....



Of course a photo or two of the Grand Prix Historique.....


Someone hit the wall.....


The end.....more from my journey back through the lovely towns of Cremona, Verona....later....
Hugs to all,
Cardarian

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Cardarian. I can almost feel the heat from here :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous photos and it looks like you really enjoyed everything about this wonderful trip. I too loved Monte Carlo but like you it was good to see and experience but not a place i'd like to live.
    Hope we can skype soon,
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an alternative desk space, it is amazing. looks like you had agreat time
    janet #47

    ReplyDelete
  4. REally enjoyed those photographs - somewhere I have never been but now I have seen - through your eyes - and enjoyed.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popped in to let you know that I've posted the air blasted Alcohol inks at last!
    Ended up enjoying your pics all over again... speak soon
    love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos my friend.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow ...what fantastic photos ...I am ashamed to admit I am not a traveler and have never flown ...but Monte carlo is one of my dreams ...i felt i was there.xx

    ReplyDelete