Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

WOYWW, Something new, a couple of cards and a bit of spring!

Hello my dear WOYWWers!

So happy to be back blogging but as I am so busy it is still very rarely that I can come on here! Still the work in the house is chugging along and we are almost finished with the first lot of improvements. The kitchen has been slightly renewed we have a new dish washer and washing machine, we have ordered new wardrobes for the bedroom and my future craft room is beginning to take shape. My DBFs sofa bed is coming this week ( he is going to have an operation soon and we needed a bed downstairs as he won't be able to go upstairs for a while). So that is what is happening on the home front. On the crafty front there is also news!
I HAVE A NEW SEWING MACHINE!!!
It isn't a superfancydoeseverything one but for the beginning of my renewed sewing career it is good enough! I used to sew a lot when my daughter was young but then other things took over and I didn't do much sewing at all. I am hoping to get back on the horse and start again - especially as there is so much decorative sewing to do in the house now!
I have also made a few cards - my mojo is a bit low lately - I have ideas but they come and go and when I sit down to make something there isn't much of a result! Still here are a few examples of my latest makes. 
Here is an Easter card....


The stamp is a lovely Avery Elle one, I fussy cut the bunnies and gave them a bit of glitter and a lift,  the oval frame is Sizzix and the paper in the background is from some magazine I have picked up at Tesco's .
Next up is a card I made for my brother - it is his name day tomorrow so I sent him a card ....it is quite simple but you can't really make a card too frilly for a man, can you? I did go with the trend and put some mirror card on the card - it should have been foil but I am not very good with foil so I opted for mirror card. 
The die and stamp is from Clearly Besotted stamps



Next up is a card I made for my DBF's granddaughter. The stamps are a combination of Mama Elephant and Lawn Fawn.....just a cute card for a special little girl...




And now a bit of spring for you.....the flowers are trying to convince us it is spring but the temperatures are not really that convincing!
Our camelia is just coming out.....


and the daffodils....


So there that is me for this weeks episode of WOYWW. Go on if you are interested what that weird combination of letters means have a look at the Stamping Ground and you will find out all the deep secrets of WOYWW.
Lots of hugs to all, have a lovely week,
CARDARIAN

10 comments:

  1. Hi Dolores....a sewing machine :-) :-) :-) I hope to see lots of results of your playing on it and if I can help any time please just shout :-)
    No early morning twinnie fun for me today as I'm recovering from a chesty cold caught from them last week so I'm able to have a leisurely snoop round the Wednesday desks :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x # 32

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love spring when everything is waking up in the garden . Some pretty cards as well. happy woyww Jill #27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have been busy! Yes, it's always difficult to make a card for a man, but you did a good job there.
    Thank you for posting the photos of the flowers. Yes, spring is here.
    Have a great week,
    Lisca#33
    PS I'm thinking of our fellow desk hopper Shoshi today who's operation has been postponed yet again! I can't imagine how she must be feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new sewing machine is a beauty! I used to sew a million years ago, and the doeseverything machines are sometimes overrated.............but I do have an OLD one...ha,ha! Since I have inherited my Moms, much newer model, I find I don't miss all the bells and whistles.

    Very pretty cards. I rather like ALL of them!

    My Daffodils have already finished for the year, sure wish they would bloom all year long.

    Thanks for the earlier visit and the lovely comment this week
    Krisha#2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, love your new sewing machine!! Janome are brilliant, just good solid everyday sort of machines....unless you're going to do lots of machine embroidery, why have gazillions of stitches? I bet you're going to enjoy using that such a lot!
    I'm glad you're settling in well and already making your mark on the place. Hope DBF is ok and both of you are doing well. I won't be seeing you in Derby as I've got to take Rhys to a University applicant open day. But will try to see you soon xx
    Hugs. LLJ 31 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you whenever you can get here! the cards are gorgeous and isn't it lovely to see the flowers blooming again! Have a good week. Helen 11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cards and pretty flowers today Dolores - and a new sewing machine. What more can a girl want. Hope you have many happy hours of sewing and if you want any lessons am sure Jo would oblige.
    I do hope we don't have to wait until a show before we can meet up - maybe Jo will get us together before too long.
    Hugs, Neet 30 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dolores
    Ooo a new sewing machine .. the sewing bee was fantastic wasn't it, I'm going to miss it this week.
    I look forward to seeing what you make soon. Watch out LLJ new girl on the block.
    janet #14
    janet #14

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have lots of fun with your new machine. I have a Janome quite similar and it is a sturdy little thing that works really well. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad the house is coming along (moving the bed downstairs is a great idea, much more comfortable and takes the pressure off). The new sewing machine looks great, I have a Jamone too-2nd hand but a great workhorse and seems to take most things I throw at it!!

    Love the spring flowers, reminds us of the longer, lighter and warmer days.
    Thanks for visiting my desk already
    Kyla #16

    ReplyDelete